This set of releases includes the Front Hip, T-Spine and Lat Releases that when combined can improve mobility in the core for better engagement for protecting the spine and supporting total body movements. Your core conditioning and ability to develop strength and power for many fitness activities and sports movements can be negatively affected by holding tension in any of these areas. This is good for warm-up, movement preparation, and recovery strategies for injury protection.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform these MOBO releases.
- Maintaining a grasp of the MOBO bar to help maintain the location of the pressure point.
- Maintain a level pelvis during leg movements and avoid arching your low back.
- Lean your body into the wall for balance and control while positioning the MOBO.
- Use your upper arm and elbows to adjust MOBO’s position at any time.
- You can adjust your foot position to change the amount of pressure the body can create against MOBO.
- Rest the hand on top of the head to help relax the arm and lat muscle area.
- Adjust the angle of your body and MOBO to find the pressure needed with the rollers.
- IMPORTANT: Avoid letting the end of the MOBO move inward from that location towards the groin area to avoid putting pressure on vital nerves and vessels.
- Avoid allowing a roller to make contact with the center, bony part of your spine.
- Avoid rolling up into the armpit area or bony area of ribs.
- Adjust the angle of MOBO or your body to avoid the anchor slipping off the surface.
- Discontinue if there is sharp, shooting, or radiating pain.