Releases tension in the muscles on the back of the head and neck that can contribute to upper body tension, neck tension, and headaches. This can improve head and shoulder position and posture for better upper-body mobility. Rolling has the added benefit of relieving tension for recovery and relaxation to improve sleep quality.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform this MOBO release.
- If you feel an area of tension or sensitivity, you may use short, concentrated rolling in this area for 5-10 repetitions for deeper release.
- Can be used throughout the day when spending time at the computer or in prolonged sitting positions.
- Do not allow the head to tip backward and eyes to look up during the rolling motion. Focus eyes forward on something that is at your eye level.
- Avoid pressing or rolling with excessive pressure that pulls your head down and forward.
- Avoid pressing rollers on the bony points of your cervical spine. Stay in the muscle areas on the sides of your spine.
- Discontinue if there is sharp, shooting, or radiating pain.