Elevate your Mobility IQ
Fueled by the expertise of industry leading therapists and fitness pros, MOBO Education empowers you with the knowledge and confidence you need to take charge of your mobility needs. With evidence-based myofascial release techniques and rich educational curriculum, you’ll achieve the mobility essential to advancing your health and fitness goals.
TAKE OUR ONLINE COURSES
Soft Tissue Mobility
· MOBO philosophy
· Introduction to fascia
· Benefits of soft tissue mobilization
· Research summary on fascia and soft tissue release
· Soft tissue mobility application with MOBO
· Advanced tips for soft tissue release: depth of compression, speed, pain, time, frequency
· Case study examples and programming
ATTEND OUR LIVE COURSES
Live Mobility Workshops
Bring us into your facility for a hands-on interactive workshop with our education leaders. We'll train your team on soft tissue release and mobility topics based on the MOBO philosophy. Contact us to learn more about our educational offerings.
GET IN TOUCH. WE'LL REACH OUT.
We would love to hear from you. Let us know how we can help.
Meet our MOBILITY EXPERTS
Our Education Leaders
Diane & Christie
The strength of MOBO education comes from the versatility and extent of specialized knowledge offered by our team. MOBO education is led by Diane Vives and Dr. Christie Powell "CP", two well respected figures in fitness, strength and conditioning, sports performance and rehabilitation. A combined 45+ years of experience focused on mobility and human movement was considered in order to create our comprehensive and progressive perspective and philosophy.
- M.S. in Exercise Science from California University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. in Exercise Science from Florida Atlantic University
- Owner and Director of Vives Training Systems
- Lead Instructor and former Director of Education for Functional Movement Systems
- 20+ years as an international presenter at top fitness and S&C conferences
- Participation in various strength and conditioning publications and journals
- Board member for the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Nominations committee member for the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Chair of Women's Committee for National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Ethics Committee Member for the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Advisory Council Member for Under Armour Performance Training
Dr. Christie Powell
- Ph.D. in Rehabilitation & Movement Science from University of Texas at Austin
- M.S.P.T. in Physical Therapy from Texas State
- B.S. in Biology/Chemistry from University of Incarnate Word
- Licensed Physical Therapist for the State of Texas
- Owner of Champion Performance Physical Therapy
- Clinical Site Coordinator for the Kinesiology and Health Education Internship Program at Texas State University and University of Texas at Austin
- Clinical Instructor for physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students
- Dissertation on functional performance testing and return to sport criteria
- Participation in various publications and journal reviews
- Presentations at physical therapy and sports performance conferences
Functional movement supports human motion as we explore our environment, learn, adapt, play, and compete. The formula for developing and maintaining functional movement is mobility and motor control (stability) that forms movement patterns to cover the spectrum of movement needs. Having quality mobility supports our sensory rich system and gives us the opportunity to create stability and functional movement as our body experiences different environments and challenges. With mobility being a crucial part of our movement needs, soft tissue mobility is paramount to achieving and maintaining a healthy and thriving body.