Increases soft tissue mobility of the hip and releases tension in the lateral aspect of the thigh and IT Band area. MOBO provides the distance from the wall or stable surface that allows you to use leg movements while applying the point of compression in the hip flexor muscle area. This is also great to release tension after sitting at work or school and transitioning to sport or activity.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform this MOBO release.
- Grasp bar of MOBO while performing the release to prevent MOBO slipping off point of compression.
- Shift weight onto the opposite leg and pause a moment to ensure balance before performing leg movement.
- Always maintain anchor position on a stable surface and point of pressure on the side of the hip by keeping MOBO parallel with the ground.
- Avoid arching the low back and maintain a level pelvis during the leg movements.
- Avoid placing the end of MOBO or bony areas of the hip or pelvis.
- Discontinue if there is sharp, shooting, or radiating pain.