Soft tissue release on the front of the thigh can improve mobility in the hip and position of the pelvis. Rolling the quadriceps muscle group as part of the warmup or movement preparation can improve the range of motion in the knee and hip before training, activity, or sport. It can also reduce muscle soreness and encourage faster recovery.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform this MOBO release.
- Separate and roll this large muscle area by focusing on the inside half and then the outside half of the muscle area to fully benefit from this release.
- Keep the leg that you are rolling in a relaxed position with your thigh facing up.
- Avoid rolling over the kneecap.
- Avoid rolling while standing on the leg that you are rolling, as it will keep muscles engaged and make it hard to relax and benefit from soft tissue release.
- Discontinue if there is sharp, shooting, or radiating pain.